SUNDAY SERVICE FEBRUARY 11/2014
THE JOURNEY OF THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL.
Amidst the multitude of people who emerged from Egypt during the Children of Israel’s journey, only Joshua and Caleb achieved in entering Canaan; the other commanders perished in the desert. This is the way it is in the life of Faith; you have great passion when you are born again, but you stray from the path after a little turbulence. May God help you stay on the path, for it is very costly to get back on it.
You should realize that if you see that the hardships become many or the difficulties become many, know that you are very close to where you are going, so persevere. You should realize that the cost of going back and going forward is the same, if you go forward there is eternal good but if you go back there is eternal disaster so the decisions are yours.
THIS IS THE YEAR OF POSSESSION.
This is the Year of Possession in the sense that it is the Year of taking your Share.
Matthew 9:35-38 “And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. Then saith He unto His disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that He will send forth labourers into His harvest.”
What is Teaching and what is Preaching?
1. Preaching- Preaching means that people get information about their salvation and forgiveness; they get to know repentance and people can be born again (saved), they get to know Jesus Christ and about the Holy Spirit.
We preach to cause people to believe and be saved (born again) and miracles and wonders to happen. Preaching is like witnessing, we witnessed what Jesus has done in our lives, so when you witness, you are preaching about Jesus. Any believer must preach because if you don’t preach or witness you will get nothing in the Kingdom of God and you will reach Heaven without fruit. Don’t walk around the world being saved (born again) without having a testimony, make sure you testify because the way you testify is the way you will make others come to God (to be saved). Make sure you witness wherever you are, at your workplace, school and wherever you will be.
2. Teaching – Teaching is for those who have already been saved, you give them an understanding of how they will walk in the Power, they will know how to defeat the devil and how to make their Faith manifest. No one will believe or know that you have God if you have not demonstrated your Faith, not the devil nor the witches will be afraid of you, miracles will not happen, your life will never change until you work on what you know, so the teaching is for you as a believer. Make sure when you say you are saved something happens to you because salvation is a real change and not words.
In this world you cannot Harvest without Planting, you must go and harvest but here Jesus was not focusing on planting but the Harvest; then He said;
Matthew 9:35-38 “And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the Kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people. But when He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd.”
This means that the sowers are many but the Harvesters are few; you cannot reap if you have not sown; Likewise, you cannot own what you sowed but what you reaped. God said “He gives seed to the sower but bread to the hungry” The One who gives you the seed is God, why does He give you the seed? So that you can plant, what is yours now.
When God sees that you desire to do something that will bring benefit, He provides assistance to fulfill that.
What is a Seed? It doesn’t mean a corn seed, but anything you want to plant, i.e. find in your life. Then He said to His disciples, The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. So ask the Lord of the harvest to send laborers into His harvest.”
Here Jesus focused on three things:-
1. The Harvest is abundant.
2. Harvesters are few.
3. Pray to the Lord of the Harvest so that the reapers will be many.
HOW DO YOU HARVEST?
Matthew 13:1-9 “….And He spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow; And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up: Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth: And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.”
There are groups of four places where the seeds are planted:
1. Some seeds fell by the wayside and the birds came and ate them, how many times have your seeds been taken? You started something but the devil came and took it and ate it.
2. Others fell on the rocks, where there was not much soil; soon they sprouted, because the soil lacked depth; and when the sun rose they burned.
3. Others fell among the thorns; the thorns sprouted and choked them.
4. Others fell on good soil and bore fruit, one hundred, one sixty, one thirty. How much do you want to harvest? This Year focus on Harvest and not planting. Prospects will let you know what kind of seed you want to plant based on what you understand.
If you want to harvest crops that will take you far, look at what crop you are planting, if you plant spinach every few months you will plant again but if you plant oranges or mangoes, the harvest will be abundant and until the great-grandchildren will Harvest.